Didn't realize it had been so long since I posted.
Right now I have a room full of third graders taking an online Math test. SO hard not to help them do the problems! They make them much more difficult than they need to be - the word 'test' does that, I'm sure! The last two questions were, "What do they mean 12 - 4=x? What is x?" Just little things like that throws them off.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Gosh- you can't even say x is the answer to the math sentence? It seems like that would just be explaining a confusing question not giving an answer!!
Okay - don't tell, but I took my finger and covered the "x" on the screen so all they saw was 12-4=. Should have seen their eyes light up! All we are allowed to do is read words to them in the Math, Science, and Language Arts tests - cannot 'aid' them in anyway with solving the problems. So hard not to give them a little hint!
I wonder why they'd make a test confusing like that!? But just so you know, you posted that comment on the World Wide Web.... so I won't tell.... but.... LOL. :)
:) Probably just lost my job, huh?
Post a Comment