Pages

Friday, March 30, 2007

finally with the times

We took the plunge - got "real" cell phones! Got flip phones - because I don't like locking the keys. Could have gotten free phones w/bluetooth capabilites and free bluetooth equipment - but they weren't flip - and I really can't see us using the bluetooth technology. Have had it on my laptop all these years and never used it. So, the afternoon was spent putting in phone numbers and playing around with the new phone.
One of the girls that waited on us looked so familiar to me - I told her that right off the bat. At one point something was mentioned about golf and she said she played H.S. and at D.C. so, we just decided we had seen her on the golf course. Then, as she was filling out our information she said, "Hey! Are you Reid's mom and dad? I've been to your house and you fed me!" She worked at KCC with Reid and Joe one summer. So funny! Then she went into the back room and came out with this cute little seat that folds flat to carry - perfect for on the golf course! Fred said he sure can use it tomorrow!
Fred is leaving for Manchester at 6:45 in the morning. It's a 36 hole tournament - the reason for the seat! I'm leaving around 9:00 for Edon. Going to pick up Linda and head to Ft. Wayne for lunch. Sunday I will take Grandma to church at Edgerton. She has been wanting to go, but I know it is no fun to go alone.
And on Monday it is back to school. :-( I've really enjoyed this week! I guess it has been the calm before the storm. I have two meetings here in town the week we go back, a meeting in Bowling Green the next week, taping the last DCTV program the last week in April, going to Chicago the first week in May and to Toledo to tape a special mass the 6th graders are doing on May 23. Will have to have a slideshow for the 6th grade graduation on the 30th of May. Right now we have about 500 pictures and by the time they get back from Camp, go to Chicago and do that mass we will have 600+ and will need to narrow it down to about 75. That will be a job!

1 comment:

annie said...

cell phones- so exciting!! Next week is the start of the home stretch I guess, huh? It sounds like it will go by fast since you'll be so busy! :)