Pages

Friday, April 13, 2007

friday the 13th

This was actually a good day - very exciting at school. Let me start by saying I nominated two of our teachers for the Diocesen Golden Apple Award - but only one could be sent on to the Diocese, so Sandy (our Principal) and Fr. Tim decided it should be Jill's nomination. I also nominated Jill for the BEST award through NWOET at Bowling Green. Jill is a finalist for the BEST award and is required to attend their annual Board of Directors meeting on Monday at BG and have a table display. Unfortunately, Jill can't attend the meeting on Monday because she is taking her class to Camp Mohican for three days. So, NWOET said I could stand in for her. We spent most of the morning getting everything around for the table display on Monday. Then about 2:45 Sandy came to my door waving an apple like crazy. I could not figure out what she was doing and all of a sudden it dawned on me - Jill had won the Golden Apple Award. We went running down the hallway to Jill's room and went in singing Hail to the Queen! Jill thought we had lost it until I told her she won! She was so excited. Jill isn't one to show emotion - so it was pretty awesome to see her reaction. When things settled down we got online to check out exactly what the award was and she can invite 7 people to the award dinner, she receives a crystal apple w/a 24k gold cross in it, a lapel pin, gets her picture taken with the Bishop (she is most thrilled about this - not!) and she receives $5000!!!!! I thought she was going to loose it right then and there! The money can be used for personal or professional purposes. I told her she was not to even think about using it for professional purposes! A little bit later she told me she would really like to go to Italy to see her daughter, Elaina, in the fall while she is going to college there. I told her then that is what she should do. Jill thought that was too selfish, though. I told her it was $5000 that she would not normally have and she should use it to have fun and do whatever she wants and that means going to Italy! I am SOOOOO happy for her!
Oh, by the way - she told me I could have the $25 gift certificate they will be giving me for her on Monday. :-) Isn't that a hoot?

1 comment:

annie said...

That sounds so exciting! She should DEFINATELY use the money for a trip to Italy! Fun Fri the 13th!